Thursday 4 February 2016

world cancer day

Today is #worldcancerday and I thought I would share a personal story about my amazing mum. At the start of 2014 my mum found out that she had breast cancer from going to a regular screening. It changed our family immediately. I would never of thought of my mum having cancer as she is fit and healthy, so It took me a while to come to terms with it. She had a mastectomy on her left breast which had the cancer and on the day of that operation I just prayed it would all be over. In October she had her chemotherapy which was horrible to witness, seeing my mum lose her confidence everyday, she just wasn't herself. Until it was the last day of the chemo and it was like she was back to herself again. Soon after in late November, my older brother decided to take himself, me, my mum and my dad to America. Not just to one location but to Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco for a week. Me and my brother planned to get my mum and dad to renew their wedding vows in an old Las Vegas wedding chapel and it was perfect.
As of today my mum is clear of cancer and I am so so thankful for all the hard work Cancer Research did to help her. I took part in a Race For Life last year and raise quite a bit of money and I will hopefully be doing another one this year.
So today in aid of World Cancer Day, I am wearing my unity band from Cancer Research UK. £2 goes towards the charity to help more people in the world who are suffering from this horrible disease. You can order a band here. Today is the day to unite and support.

you can also follow me here
thank you for reading!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Your blog is just so beautiful, I'm in love! I adore your flair and photography and your story here is so brave. Your family seem very courageous and inspiring to anyone else affected by the disease! I'm so happy to come across your blog ^^ xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig