Wednesday 26 July 2017

my second trip to barcelona



A couple of weeks ago me and my boyfriend Sean were back to our favourite city, Barcelona. What made us want to go back was the fact that I am a sucker for a city break holiday and the beautiful weather of course. Today I thought I would share with you a guide to the most gorgeous city abroad.

Dress - Primark | Bag - New Look (Similar) | Sunglasses - Accessorize
I do need to mention firstly that I couldn't recommend the metro enough. When you arrive at the airport and you're struggling to find a way to your hotel, never get a taxi as they can be expensive. Get the metro! When we went last year we struggled to get a train pass because honestly it is confusing. But I recommend that you buy them online as you get 10% off and it is cheaper. You can buy them here.

Our first day we didn't plan to do much as we had just arrived and our flight was horrendous! Also, just very tired from a 6am take off. The first thing we wanted to do was go to our hotel although we was worried that we got there a couple of hours early before check in, but they surprisingly had the room ready for us. We stayed at the same hotel we stayed at before which was Hotel Catedral, I will be writing a full post about this hotel very soon. So we decided to drop off our bags at our room and then head upstairs to the rooftop pool and relax in the sun and at 12pm it was 39 degrees.
For our lunch we went to a great place for tapas called Pintxo De Petritxol which is located in the gothic quarters nearby the Barcelona Cathedral. We came to this place last year and it was just how I remembered.

Second day was mostly a shopping day. As our hotel was in the middle of a shopping centre we decided to take full advantage and take a few trips around the shops. I ended up spending a fortune in Sephora as you would have seen if you saw my recent post on what I had bought which you can read here. Also went to my favourite shops like Bershka, Urban Outfitters, Zara, Paul & Bear and all the rest.
When we wanted a food break from shopping we went to a pasta/pizza restaurant called La Poma, Ramblas. I finally had a massive glass of sangria which was lush and for food I had a tagliatelle pasta with mussels, It was very delicious.
We spent most of our third day on the metro visiting all the tourist spots. First stop was visiting this beautiful church called Sagrada Familia which is still being built after a 100 years later. It's based near a park where you can look over a pond and get the best view of it. Sadly tickets were sold out to go inside which we was gutted about but we know for next time that we need to book them in advance. We both got hungry whilst we was there so we looked around on the web for somewhere to eat and we came across a cute cafe which I cannot remember the name of but we had the best pizza and I had a strawberry mojito.
Back on the metro we decided to go to a place which was on my bucket list and that was The House Of Bones (Casa Batllo). Luckily we got fast passes for this and we fully enjoyed the experience. Make sure you take some water with you as you walk up so many stairs and it does get cramped and very warm.

On the evening we went to a really nice bar called Marmalade where we also had food. We got there around 7pm and it was so quiet but it soon got very busy at 8:30pm.
On our final day we had a lovely morning by the pool with chocolate croissants from the little cafe next door to our hotel called Chocolat-Box  which do the best coffee, ice cream and pastries. We did a bit more shopping and went to The Hard Rock Cafe for a massive lunch, I would recommend calling up or popping in to reserve a table as it gets very busy.

Just writing this up makes me want to go back so bad, but we are currently planning our next adventure holiday which will be my biggest one yet! I am so excited.

Have you ever been to Barcelona?
you can also follow me here

twitter | instagram | bloglovin
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. wow it looks like such an amazing place and the photos are amazing xx

    cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig