Thursday 1 February 2018

valentines red & pink lips

Valentines day is just around the corner and I have been reaching for my favourite red and pink lipsticks. My plans for the day is at home, with a movie on Netflix and sweet treats. Maybe if we're feeling adventurous than we will find a nice homemade meal to cook from Jamie Oliver's cooking book. But to mark the occasion, I tend to wear a pink or red lip for the day. I thought I would share with you my top picks if you're on the look out for that perfect date night lip for your look.

Pinks!
A new favourite that I have been reaching for is Smashbox Just Hit Play Matte Lipstick which is a brighter, medium pink with subtle, warmer undertones and a satin finish. It has good pigmentation that applies without tugging on the lips, as the texture is creamy with a light slip.

I picked two from my NYX Soft Matte collection, starting with 'Antwerp', a very bright pink with undertones of orange. Lastly from the pinks is 'Tokyo' which is very bold yet a very fun colour to wear during spring and summer.

Reds!
For the reds I always tend to reach for my Clinique Matte Lip in 'Ruby Pop' as this is by far the best red lipstick I have ever tried. Deep pigment, long lasting, non-drying and I can't recommend this anymore!

Lastly is a lipstick I have had for a long time and is my go to date night lip. Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 01 is a fab red lipstick as it is a very deep colour. It glides on your lips perfectly and lasts a long time. For a drugstore lipstick, this is the perfect one to get your hands on.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Lovely picks! I still haven't tried those NYX lipsticks but I definitely need to get my hands on one. And my valentine's day will be just like yours, it's the best way to spend the holiday anyway, right?

    Marta - www.aroundcolours.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo these colours are dreamy! No better time to crack out your fav pink and red lipstick!
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely love the colour of the clinique lipstick!! so pretty xx

    cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig